Seattle Clinical Research Center is committed to communicating important women’s health information and providing reliable resources to patients and participants. This site, along with Facebook and other online venues, will serve as tools to update women about important issues regarding women’s health.
Social Media Policy
Seattle Clinical Research Center believes social networking and the online environment offers significant opportunities for our organization as well as our patients. We will incorporate online branding through the development of an informative website, utilization of online information centers, and interaction of social media. As an organization, we encourage you to utilize these tools to further your understanding of our mission, staff, and activities.
Given the sensitive nature of healthcare communication and the US Department of Health and Human Service’s Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1966 (HIPAA), we must ensure that all participation meets specific guidelines. In accordance with these guidelines, Seattle Clinical Research Center has adopted the following social media policy for organizational and public use. This policy may be updated at any time without notice.
Should you have a personal health concern and need to speak with a member of our staff, please do so privately by calling the office at 206-522-3330.
Seattle Clinical Research Center Commitment to Social Media:
- Our posts will be accurate and factual
- We will correct errors or update with new information immediately and note changes within the original post if possible
- Our posts will be written by Seattle Clinical Research Center employees or guest writers at the request of the organization.
- Our posts will clearly identify the author
- We will link to online references and original source materials directly
By posting on any Seattle Clinical Research Center Social Media Site, the User agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- All users are prohibited from posting any personal health information including patient images on any social media site. No social media site shall be utilized to provide medical advice or commentary.
- Seattle Clinical Research Center expects all users to engage in respectful dialogue. Profanity, abusive language, defamatory, or disrespectful dialogue will be deleted at the discretion of the Seattle Clinical Research Center moderator.
- User agrees to not violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations. Posts that are in violation of these laws will be deleted.
- Seattle Clinical Research Center employees must adhere to these guidelines as well as the Seattle Clinical Research Center Social Media and Public Relations Policy.